1. Read the list of activities. What do you usually do on weekdays and at the weekend?
Прочитайте список действий. Скажите, что Вы обычно делаете по выходным, а что – в будни?
To get up early/late
To walk with younger children
To cook different dishes
To watch different TV channels
To play the piano/the guitar
To use the computer
To go out (to concerts, the cinema or the theatre)
To see friends
To go to an exercise class
To go sailing
To wash the dishes
To dress up
To cook the barbecue
To wear jeans
To get together with your family
2. Fill in your organizer for the last week and for the next week. Use one verb once
Составьте план своей прошлой недели и план на будущую неделю. Используйте один глагол только один раз.
3. Answer the questions.
Ответьте на вопросы.
1. Do you get up early or late on weekdays?
2. Do you always stay at home on Fridays?
3. How often does your wife cook something tasty?
4. Do you go out twice a month?
5. How do you usually spend your evening?
6. How often do you buy new clothes?
7. Do you like to cook the barbecue? Where?
8. Do you try to be with your family at the weekend?
9. How did you spend the last weekend?
10. What will your children do next week?
4. Make up dialogues putting the sentences in the right order.
Составьте диалоги, расставив предложения в логическом порядке.
5. Close the English variant on the right. Translate the dialogues on the left. Check yourself.
Закройте вариант английского перевода, данный справа. Переведите диалоги, данные слева. Проверьте вариант своего перевода.
Read the dialogues and try to remember them.
Прочитайте диалоги и постарайтесь их выучить.
6. Read this text.
A weekend with the Wheeler family
Mark and Sylvie Wheeler live in a big
house in California. They have got four children. At the weekend they do
a lot of things around the house. They garden quite a bit. They play
basketball on the basketball court.
Their son Christopher is fourteen. At the
weekends he goes out a lot with his friends, on Friday or Saturday
nights. Sometimes he goes to the cinema or just to other people’s houses
and watches videos.
There are just two seasons there: winter and summer. Because autumn, winter and spring are very much the same.
But summer is different. In summer on
Saturday afternoon they crank up the barbecue. And that is their meal.
They like it. They never miss it. In summer it gets very hot and
sometimes they just want to be outside, not inside.
Summertime activities are usually involved
around the children’s sports. Their youngest son plays Little League –
that is baseball. There are a lot of little boys who take the game very
seriously. They are all dressed up in their uniforms.
A. Retell the text.
B. Ask five questions about the text.
Задайте пять вопросов к тексту.
C. Complete the sentences.
At the weekend the Wheeler family like …
Christopher enjoys …
There are just two seasons because …
On Saturday afternoon they …
Their youngest son …